Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Talk by Lady PJ

The Talk
Written by Philessa Hooks Jenkins
Aka Lady PJ
All Rights Reserved
11/4/2014 10:52:54 AM


How do I start?
I ask myself…
The beginning would be too far
The middle not quite far enough
Maybe I should just state the facts…

I love you but you leave me breathless
And not in a good way
Grasping for air and waiting to be saved
Wondering if the choice I have
Is the right one I’ve made
Longing for depth of affection
Loosing myself in oceanic waves of confusion
Trying to escape this mountain I’ve climbed
Over and over again in my mind
Dead tired and running out of time
Yet I find myself breathlessly
Standing by your side
Picking you up when you fall down
Waiting for that nibble of affection

I got a bad catch and if you were a fish
I would release you; let you go on the pull through
Yet, somehow I keep you
It’s a price to pay
And the bills add up
Frankly my darling I think you cost too much

There’s one thing you must understand
There was a return policy and I’m cashing in

#TheTalk; #LadyPJ; #PhilessaJenkins; #PhilessaHooks



1 comment:

  1. I like dramatic pieces. I just like them and I hope you enjoy my dramatic side. Lady PJ.

    ReplyDelete