Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I Am Calm by Lady PJ

I Am Calm
Written by Philessa Hooks Jenkins
Aka Lady PJ
1/13/2015 2:55:09 PM
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 2015

He turns me on
Only to turn me off
The flickering light syndrome
Not fazed yet
I stand firm
Anger lingering at the door
Just a knock away

I’m staring at this man I hunger for
Watching him dismiss me like a student
That the teacher is justly displeased with
A show of his dismay flashing across his face
My mental computer processing every screen
Hurt by every shot taken

I am calm, I_ Am_ Calm_
Holding myself I keep peace within
Seek not vengeance or wrath
The devil screaming in my ear
Strike back you, you
Strike back!

He stands there smiling at me
Knowing how I feel inside
How I long for his touch alone
How I need him and his love only
Yet he dares to smile at me
The knife twisted by his hand
Deception displayed
Scorn relived from moments past
That haunt me now
Inside the storm brews
I fight against the tide
Just a bit until finally… I catch myself
I Am Calm


No comments:

Post a Comment