Thursday, November 28, 2013

I FOUGHT THE BATTLE

I FOUGHT THE BATTLE

Anger flows through me like a stream
Rushing water constantly refreshing my mind
I can’t breathe. I’m caught up by the vastly
Flowing currents beneath me
As I’m sinking further and further,
I think. I can’t save myself.
Deeper and deeper into the crystal blue I fall,
I can barely see the sun and the darkness engulfs me,
But I’m wrapped in its comforting arms
Like a mother holding her baby close to her
Always careful and always mindful of its fragile state
The sunray’s are all but gone
But I’m drifting away into the deepest
And darkest place, where hands reach out to me
But none can save me
I know now I must fall
I must slowly drift away
Into the darkness and into the depths of my soul
Where I am lost
I’m caught in the undercurrents
As the water rushes over my body
The harder I fight the more the darkness
Consumes my spirit, robing me of my joy
While I’m falling further away from safe shores there’s calm
A tranquility that takes hold of me
I think to myself: I lost the battle, l waged
I lost the war, I fought
I lost self, then died
Inside, I died!




Written by Philessa Jenkins
Aka Lady PJ
August 30, 2005
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment